2018 Midterms will be here for you know it. What will happen? Here are some of PredictIt’s 2018 Midterm election predictions.
- The Republicans have a 75 percent chance of controlling the House.
There are 435 voting seats in the House of Representatives. To maintain control of the House, Republicans need 218 sears. Currently, the Republicans have 247 seats. Will the Republicans maintain control after the 2018 midterms? It seems so. There’s a 75 percent chance the Republicans will control the House.
- The Republicans have an 84 percent chance of controlling the 2018 Senate.
There are 100 seats in the Senate. Out of all the races in the 2018 elections, 33 of those 100 seats will be contested. It is very likely that the Republicans will continue to hold the majority.
- Bernie Sanders has an 82 percent chance of being reelected to the 2018 Senate.
Bernie Sanders was elected to the House in 1991 and to the Senate in 2007. He is the longest-serving Independent in congressional history. Playing a large role in the 2016 elections, Sanders plays a larger role in the Senate than in the past. As the chair of the Senate Democratic Outreach Committee, Sanders has an 82 percent chance of being reelected to the 2018 Senate after the 2018 Senate elections.
- Ted Cruz has a 78 percent chance of being reelected to the 2018 Senate.
Ted Cruz has been a Senator from Texas since 2013. Cruz’s seat will be up for reelection during the 2018 Senate elections. PredictIt’s 2018 Senate prediction is that there’s a 78 percent Cruz will be reelected after the 2018 midterms.
- Elizabeth Warren has an 76 percent chance of being reelected to the 2018 Senate.