2018 Midterm Election Predictions
2018 Midterms will be here for you know it. What will happen? Here are some of PredictIt’s 2018 Midterm election predictions.
- The Republicans have a 75% chance of controlling the House.
There are 435 voting seats in the House of Representatives. 218 seats are needed for control. Currently, the Republicans have 247 seats. Will the Republicans maintain control after the 2018 midterms? It seems so. There’s a 75% chance the Republicans will control the House.
- The Republicans have an 84% chance of controlling the 2018 Senate.
There are 100 seats in the Senate. 33 of those 100 seats will be contested in the 2018 Senate elections. It is very likely that the Republicans will continue to hold the majority.
- Bernie Sanders has an 82% chance of being reelected to the 2018 Senate.
Bernie Sanders was elected to the House in 1991 and to the Senate in 2007. He is the longest-serving Independent in congressional history. Playing a large role in the 2016 elections, Sanders plays a larger role in the Senate than in the past. As the chair of the Senate Democratic Outreach Committee, Sanders has an 82% chance of being reelected to the 2018 Senate after the 2018 Senate elections.
- Ted Cruz has an 78% chance of being reelected to the 2018 Senate.
Ted Cruz has been a Senator from Texas since 2013. Cruz’s seat will be up for reelection during the 2018 Senate elections. PredictIt’s 2018 Senate prediction is that there’s a 78% Cruz will be reelected after the 2018 midterms.
- Elizabeth Warren has an 76% chance of being reelected to the 2018 Senate.